Stevens Illustration

Stevens Illustration
Blackboard Picture

Monday, July 21, 2008

English 123: Blog 10

I have began reading Mister Pip and I found this cool link that is the official website of the book that I thought I would share!
http://www.randomhouse.com/bantamdell/misterpip/


I am guessing that this book is going to be depressing just from the opening pages when it talks about everyone, even the teachers, having to leave the island. The children do not go to school because there are no teachers and therefore their learning is put on hold for awhile. I am curious about the character Mr. Watts. I like the unknown characters because they provide the excitement in the novel and therefore make life more exciting.

I have been working on revising my sonnet and writing in iambic pentameter while still keeping the overall meaning is HARD! Shakespeare made it look so easy and it is not. So I now have a profound respect for his writing skill.

I am going to dive into Mister Pip and write more about it when I have more information to refelt upon!

No comments: